Sunday, July 15, 2007

Totally Different Story... Yet So Awfully Familiar...

In this 300th post, I am going to reveal the darkest and the weakest period of my life or maybe i would say, the darkest secrets of mine... Long post ahead...

Many people now will know that I can be rather patient with people rite? I hardly get into temper... Even if I got, at most 2 3 days will be fine... except for a few occasions... But do you know that this was totally not me in the past? I used to have a very weak side of me...

My kindergarden life... The beginning...
I was a real crybaby back den... I can cry over stuffs that are so minor like people taking my stuffs away. And yet, I am pretty much a bully... Can you believe a 4 5 year old kids taking something sharp and injure my classmate's neck? Yup.. and I does it before. Imagine more... Taking the chair of someone's away when he or she was sitting down.. such that he or she will be falling on to the floor instead. And also, stealing his or her bag and hide it somewhere... Faints! But that time i have a friend... who i always run back home together after school...

Primary 1 and 2 school life... The change...
My pattern of being a crybaby was a major mark for the class. It was totally different when i step into primary school.. because this time round, I am the one getting bullied. My groupmates like to draw on my books and steal my stuffs. Making me cry... There is even one time when a classmate use his scissors to cut my hand... leaving a permanent V-shape scar on my hand. Den the same person who cut my hand, he use to run around... And so happens one fine day he run directly on to me face to face and my mouth started to bleed rather badly... It was only den i realised how bad it was to get bullied... Oh ya.. I joined a CCA in primary 2... My first CCA.. Augklung... Can you believe I used to perform in Chinese Garden? HAHA!! Wad memorable days it was...

Primary 3 and 4 school life... Worst years in Primary school...
I was put into a totally new class. It wasnt until primary 3 I started to promise myself not to be a crybaby... amazing i got such a thought when i was only around 9 to 10 years old huh. I really cry alot less this time round. But there are worse to come... Now in the class, there are not one, not two but more than five bullies... Not only to they say im a crybaby, the even fight with me etc etc... And complain to my form teacher that I have some sort of problem or sickness like having head lice, chicken pox when i dun have... Because of this influence, I had became rather revengeful... And rebellious... This is the period of my time when I think i had changed rather dramatically... My school work took a plunge, my attitude towards my parents also turned rather sour... My mum often yell at me because of all these and i always talk back. And i also spew vulgarities to my parents too! Even my dad, who never cane anyone before, caned me... That is the first and last time he will ever do that to me. I forge his signature. I also started to fail my spellings, which i never used to... Den i began to hate home more and more. I stayed back in school until 5 6pm when my school actually ends at 12... There is one time when i even reach home as late as 7 plus... There are even times when i feel like skipping school... But i din... And also to steal... But i din... I had also stopped going for my CCA classes... And eventually quitting it. There is even a time when it got so so bad that i attempted suicide... A very stupid one dou... And in the end? A merely stomachache of days and thats it. No one knows it dou... And my impatience got really bad... Very fortunately, my form teacher never fall into the lies of those classmates and she is always standing at my side. She is Mrs Joyce Tan... The HOD of science. She helped me alot in my science (thats wad she taught me that time) as well as these childish problems. By the end of primary 4, science became my best subject that i scored over 80 all the time, while all others plunged... Always falling around the 60 to 65 range.. while my science falls around the 80s... By the end of primary 4, she managed to settle everything. The feeling of the class apologising to me feels... ermm... Well... they really did!!! that time... When that happened, I was only left with 3 or 4 weeks to the last holidays... and after that, it would be... primary 5... The very last days, i made a new friend... A very cute friend... Adam.

Primary 5 school life... The most fearsome teacher.
The most fearsome teacher in my entire school life in a entirely new class again. And yet is those amongst the best in my primary school... He is Mr Vaitheswaran... Talk in class, a 6 ruler thick cane whack!! Fail a spelling, another 6 ruler thick cane whack!! And at that time, he only subject he is not teaching is science and mother tongue!! Sweetly, my science teacher remained the HOD of science... Mrs Tan... It was only until primary 5 when i started to have some really close friend... I am pretty much a loner the past 4 years. However, fate like to play around... There is one big bully, well, not really, but more to a fren that likes to play pranks on me. He always put staples on my chair... Nevertheless, he is also the one who got whack the most frequent. Thruout my primary 5, I had been whack only trice! Thats very good liao leh... because of this teacher I managed to have my academic results back to normal, and also, my life back to normal... Quarrellings with my parents also became alot lesser...

Primary 6 life... A sweet one.
My marks continued to rise... from those Cs that I got during primary 3 and 4 to all the Bs... My primary 6 year end result was one proud one... I got a C for my english... And a sweet A* for my science. B for the rest. I was even chosen to take part in a National Day Singing Competition when i was in Primary 6 and our group actually got the third place! I had made many new frens, even to the prankster... I got a score of 206 in PSLE... with A for my Maths and Science, B for my languages... I got emotional during the last days of school and i cried... Cos I know all my close frens, will go different schools...

Secondary 1 and 2 life... A bad new start...
The first few weeks are nice. Since no one knows each other yet. No people from my primary school was in the same as me. There is a few got into the same school, but different class. Adam was one of them... Somehow storms started again when my music teacher shamed me in front of the class in the first few music lessons. First music class: I was chosen to join Choir... Second music class: I refuse to join Choir. Third music class: I tell her i joined another CCA... Forth music class: I was shamed infront of the class... She yell at me "STUPID"... Because of this, "stupid" became a new nickname. And also, because of this, I sort of turn into some 2 personalities type... I excel in my CCA (because i want to show my teacher that i can do well in photography club) but everything gone mad in class... Haix... FYI... My music teacher that time was a very famous one... Even other people from other schools will have heard about her. The choir she joins was over 100 people cohort and had won many SYF competitions... Ok... So "stupid" was my new nick... And when stress came, my academic once again, dropped into its another lowest point... Failing many subjects... Nothing much changed when i step into sec 2... Except i know I got a BIG FAT ZERO for my history! When the paper was returned, wad i see is a BIG CROSS and a BIG FAT ZERO at the bottom. No comments dou...

Secondary 3 life... Peaceful year...
Its quite a peaceful year with a new class... Except at the start, my results are crippling... and im always at the verge of falling to the normal academic stream... I keep failing my languages and miraculously, pass them at year end. =X But my Science managed to stay up... I had made group of nice frens... Or are they really? Read on... We shared drinks and everything. Stayed back during the 2 to 4 hours long boring art classes... And den, I was also elected as the Chairperson in my CCA... Secondary 3 was the best year in my secondary school life. Its all fun and well until.........

Secondary 4 first semester life... Closer to the twist...
My class is now a partially new class. This is due to the fact that too many people from both classes fall into normal academic stream. My results continue to cripple on but with my maths and science being the tops. Credits goes to Mr Dennis Lim and Mrs Goh Yau Thai... I was a peer tutor for maths that time! And as for my Art... Im amongst the slowest in class... still... I continue to stand as a Chairperson in my CCA... And i was appointed being a Class Noticeboard manager. As for the group of friends i mentioned... Had a few new members joining.

Secondary 4 second semester life... The twist...
My friendship with the group of friends started to turn rather cold for some reasons. And eventually turned into some sort of cold war... During this period, our class are always busy over O level art... All hell breaks loose when I made a whole new group of frens from my CCA who are mostly from the Normal Technical Stream that took art as well. This is due to the fact that my "close" frens hated my this new frens... But den... It was this new frens i made that gives me the most education about life. Somehow this hell did not affect my studies... In fact, it made me better! I even got the highest mark for Maths, this in turn leave me alone in Band 2 class... When all other classmates went into band 3 or lower. Then there is this new classmate that finally revealed his true colours... He started insulting my new friends... And also, "brainwash" the entire class and I began to hate almost the entire Secondary 4 that time. Yea... Im still very impatient that time. Somehow, results took a positive turn... My art had became the fastest, maths and science became tops... And I failed lesser subjects. Until the very last academic report came... Dated July 2004... There is NO RED MARKS!!!! I finally passed everything... My form teacher that time... Mr Darren Chong... Deserves the most credit! Den I also got a Distinction for my CCA... SWEET!!! Ok... So it was O levels... finally... This sly magician aka the brainwasher, put a big bag of breadworms into my bag during the last O level paper... I duno why, I managed to find courage to look for the principal that time and tell her about that! And I think this magician got a scolding after that. =\ All this happenings, sort of gimme phobia of making frens for quite awhile...

Yew Mei Minimart... The job that changed me...
So while waiting for O level results, as well as Poly enrolment, I got into my first working life as a minimart cashier... Simple? WRONG! I am the only person to man the entire store. Stock taker, cashier, everything was done by me... Thru this job, I found many interesting people... Even dou all of them are regular customers as this shop was in a condo... There are customers that will ask you to choose 20 random ice creams and put it in a plastic bag... Or customers that take this minimart as a shopping mall and bot thousands of items... Or even customers that will come in, as comment on everything den walk away without buying anything... There are also students, mostly from Yew Tee Primary, and Regent Secondary that pop by pretty frequent. Sometimes they will quarrel... Sometimes they will sit on the cashier table etc etc... This reminds me back to those days almost 7 8 years ago... And its those weird customers that trained me to become patient... hurhur...

Polytechnic life... Thats now...
Its all those weird lessons in life that had made the me now. Its those things that changed me from a weakling to a patient person. Without the bullies, I might still be a bully... Without those people that helped me in any ways, I might still be a crybaby... Without my teachers, i might have drop out of school by now... Or if not, I might not be in a polytechnic now... Without the new frens, i might not know the facts of life... Without the magician, I might still be a timid person... Without the weird customers, I might still be a impatient person...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So why did i type this out? This is due to the 4 page magazine article about how she from a small hardworking girl, to become a very rebellious person... And how she changed back. Although mine is such a totally different story, i find it so awfully familiar due to the fact that the general happenings are quite the same... From how she is a bully, to the one getting bullied, to the rebellious person, to such a weak person that attempted suicide and from it how she changed to a stronger person through the many ups and downs in her life.

Well... Some of my most well-kept secrets are out now... This is also the reason why i can get so upset went some frenship conflicts occur... I do not want this to repeat again!
  • Today my house celebrated my sis's birthday...
  • Today I went out for dinner with my mum.
  • Today I had a long chat with my cousin
Current mood: =)
Out

No comments: