Monday, April 30, 2007

608

I just read one of my secondary school friend's blog... Den just now we had a chat... Chat a lil bit about the past... My title above is exactly wad his title is...

Yup... 608 is going to cease operation soon... Hmm... Hey wait! Hasnt it ALREADY ceased operation? hmm... anyway... That bus has indeed gave me quite alot of memories too... Last time, from the Bt Merah interchange, there is actually as much as 4 services that goes to my secondary school directly. 16, 132, 851.... and the another bus is 608.... 608 is the only service that do not accept bus concessions...

Thinking back... The interchange is ALWAYS flooded with students of different schools. All queued up at 16, 132 and 851... And somehow the queue for 608 is forever empty. Even if during that time the only bus to come is 608. Hardly any students will board it. So for me being fancy about empty buses, i board it quite alot... Those bumpy old buses is always so cold... Sometimes, i will board the bus and occassionally, my friend will be with me. We chat all the way to school. Even if its just 1 stop.

I know i had mentioned in my blog about my secondary school a number of times already rite..? Hmm... So i shant mention it liao. Search under my archives bahx.

heh... Can i talk more about buses? =P

Actually there are other nice bus services that had bot me memories... bus service 5 is one of them.. Not the new one... the one i mean is the very old one... SBS de... den changed to Trans-island de... The frequency of that bus is so long that a person, if missed the bus, will have to wait for over 2 hours for the next. So that time, during CNY, my family wanna go to the zoo. So initially wanted to take 181, which is now known as 961, to Woodlands... but we took the wrong bus... We boarded service 5 instead. And met up with a minor accident along holland village later. The bus hit the traffic light. =_=''

Actually the old 61... from SBS... not the present SMRT 61... oso had leave me some memories. In the past, for every saturday, we would take 61 all the way to bukit batok to my ah ma house. And that time, i always set off earier than my mum... Den one fine day the bus broke down... Also in holland village... And the bus driver chat with me at the bus stop later while we were waiting for the next... Den somehow somehow somehow i got to know that uncle well... Den i always wait for his bus, knowing when his bus will arrive. Den sometimes we will chat all the way to bt batok. Lalala~~ But now... ever since it was taken over my SMRT, i had never seen that uncle le. Psst... that uncle look like Harley Yu Chen Qing, the singer for Qing Fei De Yi... A song from Liu Xing Hua Yuan...

Heh heh.. another one is a bus trip in 154... This was actually pretty recent. Think i had blogged about this before. It was a VERY DARK AND VERY RAINY evening that day and me and my friend was taking the bus to NP from Boon Lay Interchange for CCA. Den in the journey, not only did it jam practically ALLLLLLL the way from Boon Lay interchange to school, the bus jerks so much that both of us are getting really dizzy n tired on the bus. To make it worse, the bus is VERY crowded and the air conditioning is not cold as well... A initial 30 to 45 minutes trip took us more than 2 hours to reach school... And the CCA supposed to start at 6, but we reach at 7. And the CCA ends at 8!!! It even met up with a little accident with the bus hitting the curbs and the whole bus is shaking. Thank goodness the bus we take together when going back home was a nice and sweet one.

There is some others la... like that day i took 197 and the car beside the bus suddenly took a sharp turn and crashed right in front of the bus... NOT on to the bus.. phew! And the horrible 188 that leaves me vomiting in Harbourfront... And also the 167... i slept in it, and woke up in sembawang when the place i should be alighting is just merely 3 stops away from where i board the bus, which in the Bt Merah interchange... LOL!!! Cant imagine i can fall asleep within a 3 bus stops distance and wake up when its almost reaching the other end!!! And also not forgetting the weird TIBS bus that drips boiling water from the top as well as the 961 that leaves me, and the person infront and behind of me wet due to the rain water that flies into our seats from the window!!

Allright... sounds like a boring post... Anyway and but... Like GX said... People tend to rush into things and will fail to notice the nice things around us... From my post... Im sure u can see that even a normal bus journey that almost everyone takes daily can actually become a rather memorable one... Well.. at least those to me... But how many of you can remember those little nice bus journeys in your case? i doubt it will be a many~ So.. Take your time... You might notice another nice thing the next minute!

Current mood: =)
Out

No comments: